1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What were the main reasons the Black Death spread so quickly?||Over-populated areas with poor sanitation and hygeine practices.||2. List the Japanese feudal system from lowest to highest position.2||Merchants, Artisans, Peasants, Samurai, Daimyo, Emperor, Shogun2||3. What was the main occupation (job) of people during the medieval ages?3||Farming3||4. List 2 negative effects associated with deforestation.4||Wildlife endangerment/extinction, global warming, local communities lifestyles damaged, plant species extinction, etc4||5. What is a mega city?5||A city with more than 10 million people5||6. Why do slums occur in some cities?6||Rapid urbanisation in which services and infrastructure can't keep up with6||7. What is the name of the samurai's sword?7||Katana7||8. Which family was the most powerful shogunate in Japan?8||Tokugawa shogunate8||9. Briefly define the industrial revolution.9||A period of rapid economic growth characterised by new innovations particularly in the mechanical and factory environment.9||10. What is the name of Taylor Swift's cat?10||Meredith10||11. Name (and spell correctly) the medieval device invented for executing criminals during the middle ages.11||Guillotine11||12. Who was the main antagonist of World War Two and why was he seen as a horrible man?12||Hitler, because he was responsible for a mass genocide of 6 million Jews12||13. True or False: An average beef cow produces enough meat to make 4500 McDonald's burgers.13||True13||14. True or False: A duck's quack is the only sound that doesn't echo.14||True14||15. True or False: The duckbill platypus can store as many as 500 hundred worms in the pouches of its cheeks.15||False, 600.15|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)