1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. Where did D-Day take place?||Normandy, France||2. 2. Who bombed Pearl Harbor?||Japanese||3. 3. What day was the bombing of Pearl Harbor?||Dec. 7, 1941||4. 4. Who was the leader of Germany?||Hitler||5. 5. Who was the leader of Great Britain?||Winston Churchill||6. 6. Who was the US President when WWII started?||Roosevelt||7. 7. Who invaded England during the Battle of Britain?||Germany||8. 8. Who were the Allied Powers?||Britain, France, Soviet Union, United States||9. 9. Who were the Axis Powers?||Germany, Italy, Japan||10. 10. What is a Kamikaze Pilot?||Japanese Suicide Pilot||11. 11. Who was the general of D-Day?||Dwight D. Eisenhower||12. 12. What does V-E Day stand for?||Victory in Europe Day||13. 13. Which president dropped the atomic bomb?||Truman||14. 14. What was the Manhattan Project?||Operation to create atomic bomb||15. 15. What does V-J Day stand for?||Victory in Japan Day|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)