1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Where would you go if you needed help outside of lesson?||Support & Guidance||2. Where is Mr Allens office?2||TA44||3. Where do teachers go at break time? 3||Staffroom||4. Where can you find out where and when subject department extended learning opportunities are being run?4||Notice board opposite Support & Guidance||5. Where can you find the location of an intervention you might need to attend?5||Notice board opposite Support & Guidance||6. Where could you go if you were struggling in lessons?6||Inclusive Learning/Closing the Gap Centre (TA66)||7. What subject is taught in TA72?7||Biology||8. Which subjects are taught in TB25?8||Media & ICT||9. Which subjects are taught in TB8?9||English, Geography, History and Religious Studies?||10. Where can I do my homework before or after the Academy day?10||Learning Centre (TB2)||11. Where do I need to go if my I pad is not working?11||IT Department (TC1)||12. What subject is taught in TC11?12||Maths||13. What subject is taught in TC14?13||Art||14. Which room is Graphics taught in?14||(TA19)||15. If I have lost my lanyard were would I need to go?15||Reception||16. Excellent you have found the last clue – please meet us all back in the Atrium16|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)