1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Where am I…Is it cold in the morning? Come on in to wait for the bell, make sure to clean up your mess and there is no reason to yell. We may gather from time to time for presenters or assemblies. Best behavior is expected, pretty please.||Auditorium||2. Where am I…From athletic events to classes, this is a place to whoop and holler. Unless you have an activity card, after school events will cost a dollar.||Gymnasium||3. Where am I…Parents wait here when they pick you up early, within this place, you’ll find the “head guy and girly”, you won’t want to see them if you’re acting REAL squirrely.||Front Office||4. Where am I…You can borrow, but you can’t buy; a world’s worth of wisdom lies inside; you can also do some research if it’s information you must find.||Library||5. Where am I…There’s TWO of these that ONLY 6th graders can go…Head to the place on the first floor that will make your bladder gladder!||6th Grade Bathrooms||6. Where am I…Head to the ONLY place where 6th grade students are allowed to go up and down. Always walk on the right or your teachers may be wearing a frown.||6th Grade Stairs||7. Where am I…Were you making poor choices in class? Did you unfortunately get an on call or referral? In the office of this person you will responsibly find out how to accept your consequence and learn not to pout.||Ms. Peyton’s Office||8. Where am I…Before you get that referral, before it’s on your record, visit this room where this guy will help your outlook on school become better.||PAC Room||9. Where am I…Need a bandage? Feeling ill? Is it time to take a pill? This is the place you’ll want to go, but you’ll need a pass or you’ll be told NO!||Nurse’s Office||10. Where am I… Although it is quite loud, this is the only place cell phones are allowed. You’ll always find something yummy, to fill your hungry tummy. Make sure you remember your student ID and clean up your space or in lunch detention you will be.||Cafeteria||11. Where am I…We know you like snacks, we know you like to munch, but this machine will remain off during your lunch. Buy a snack or drink before and after school, because during passing periods it’s off limits, too.||Vending Machine||12. Where am I…In 7th and 8th grade you’ll get to use this location, when you enter here, you might need some flotation.||Pool||13. Where am I…Get to school on time, every minute counts. You don’t want to rack up tardies or you’ll have to bounce. If you arrive at school after 7:50, fly by this window to check in rather swiftly.||Attendance Window||14. Where am I… New to school or feeling blue? Have a problem? Don’t know exactly what to do? These are the people here to talk, but have a pass or back to class you’ll walk.||Counselor’s Office||15. Where am I…In the space where you will put your coat and backpack during the school day, open me up and you’ll earn a prize that will help you celebrate the Monarch way!||Locker|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)