1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the program we use here at Palo to edit our videos. Go to the place where you film the news||Final Cut Pro||2. What is the keyboard shortcut to cut a clip in Final Cut Pro? Find the place where you will find the Dean's.||b||3. In what year did Palo Verde open? Look behind computer 7 to get the next clue||1996||4. Before broadcast, what class did Mrs. Steff teach? Go to where you can play basketball indoors||English||5. FIlm a panning shot of the trophy case in the athletic office. Find your next clue at the snack shack||taping||6. In what year did Palo last take home State in football? Go to the Control room and get the next clue.||2006||7. Film the panther from a birds eye view. Find the next clue in Steff's room.||taping||8. In what year did Steff first teach at Palo? Look under center table for the next clue.||1996||9. Film a friend dancing from a worms point of view. Go to the first hallway in the 300s||taping||10. What is the keyboard shortcut to capture in Final Cut Pro? Go the second hallway in the 300s||command 8||11. How many football players have went to the NFL from Palo. Go to the front of the library windows and look for your next clue.||1||12. Film a reflection shot using the windows. Go to the vending machines to find the next clue||taping||13. How long has Mr. Phillips been the principal here at Palo? Go to room 200 for the next clue||7 years||14. How do you play a clip or sequence backward? Go to the panther for your next clue.||shift-spacebar||15. How many years of broadcast do you need to take in order to receive a cord?||3|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)