1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. #1 Daniel was born in 1980. The Oscar winning best movie that year was a) Kramer vs Kramer. B) Out of Africa. or C) The Godfather Part 2.||A) Kramer vs Kramer||2. #2 Misha was born in 1988. The Oscar winning best movie that year was a) Amadeus. B) Dancing with the Wolves. or C) The Last Emperor.||C) The Last Emperor||3. #3 True or False: Misha was born in Yalta. There was a major conference there called the Big Three. It consisted of Einstein, Churchill, and FDR. True or False||False||4. #4 True or False: Daniel is from Connecticut. The capital of this state is Hartford. True or False||True||5. #5 What is the largest city in Connecticut?||Bridgeport||6. #6 Misha is from San Francisco. Name three neighborhoods in San Francisco||any answer accepted||7. #7 True or False: Daniel is a big fan of nature. The Sierra Club was founded by a man named John F. Sierra. True or False?||False||8. #8 Misha loves trivia. Name anyone who has ever won Jeopardy.||any answer accepted.||9. #9 Daniel is a diehard Celtics fan. What is the name of their mascot?||Lucky the Leprechaun||10. #10 Misha is married to Anabelle. Anabelle is on her way to become a registered dietitian. Name all the food groups on the new FDA issues ChooseMyPlate.||Fruits, Grains, Veggies, Protein, Dairy.||11. #11 True or False: Daniel has a brother. He works in finance and is also a volunteer firefighter. True of False?||False||12. #12 True or false: Misha has a sister. She is studying to become a cantor||False.||13. #13 True or False: Misha is a big fan of Hip Hop. The first rap record to be played on the radio was Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. True or False?||False.||14. #14 Daniel went to Stanford University. What city is Stanford in?||Palo Alto||15. #15 True or False||If Misha stood on Daniels shoulders, they would be over 12.5 feet tall|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)