1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. door of the auditorium||E||2. 2. Go to building 2 and look between café avec and the bookstore.||O||3. 3. Go to building 13, walk upstairs past Santa and his reindeers and go to the job café, look up!||I||4. 4. Walk downstairs and look for the bulletin board across from the men’s bathroom.||I||5. 5. Walk to building 17, on the first floor look between locker 46 and 21.||E||6. 6. Walk to building 21 (the gym) and inside the gym, find the clock.||T||7. 7. In the same building, look above the water dispenser.||M||8. 8. Walk to Building 1 and find the red mailbox.||H||9. 9. Inside building 1 look for the bulletin board next to the ADT office.||N||10. 10. In front of building 1, look on the rocks under the trees.||Y||11. 11. Walk to the stadium and look for the red KIU wall.||T||12. 12. In between buildings 3 and 5, look above the “no smoking” sign.||L||13. 13. Walk to the building 18 parking lot and look for the white carnival. License plate 1436.||D||14. 14. Walk upstairs in building 18 to the 3rd floor and look behind the “GRADUATE” sign.||B||15. 15. Go downstairs to office 112.||!|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)