1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. A fracture that is completely across the bone||transverse fracture||2. Bone is fragmented rather than broken in only two pieces||comminuted fracture||3. A skeletal injurey caused by prolonged, repeated movements||repetitive motion injury||4. The fracture is incomplete, and the two parts of the bones do not separate||hairline fracture||5. The fractured bone is sticking out through the skin||compound fracture||6. Results when a bone slips out of place||disclocation||7. Painful inflammation of a bursa, a fluid filed sac||bursitis||8. The bones of the skull, spine, ribs and sternum||axial skeleton||9. The bones of the shoulders, arms, hands, hips, legs, and feet||appendicular skeleton||10. The skeleton has how may pairs of ribs?||12||11. The bones in the wrists and ankles are||short bones||12. The five functions of the skeletal system are||support, movement, protection, storage of minerals, fat and production of new blood cells||13. How many bones are in the spinal/vertebral column?||33||14. How many bones does the adult skeleton have?||206||15. What is an important nutrient for strong healthy bones?||calcium|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)