1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Look around the Teen Room. What are the dates of Teen Read Week?||October 14-20||2. What is the name of the 2 study rooms in the Teen Room?||Western Reserve Academy Study Room & Capt. Jerry Lindh USAF Study Room||3. When is the Homework Connection held?||Mondays 7:00-8:30 & Wednesdays 7:00-8:30||4. What section of the Teen Room is the Catcher In the Rye shelved?||Classic Fiction||5. How long can a "Hot Pick" DVD be checked out for?||3 days||6. How old do you have to be to check out a laptop in the Teen Room?||14||7. What is one the books on the “New Shelf”?||Any with new stickers||8. What program is the Teen Room hosting on October 20 to wrap up Teen Read Week?||True or Dare & Pizza Taste Off||9. question9What is one of the books in the Homework Center?||Any with Homework Center stickers||10. What is the title of a magazine in the Teen Room?||Any on the shelves||11. What section of the Teen Room is Bizenghast by M. Alice LeGrow shelved?||Graphic Novels||12. The music CDs in the Teen Room are arranged by the artist’s last name. What letters of the alphabet are housed in the second drawer?||H-O|
Question 1 (of 12)
Question 2 (of 12)
Question 3 (of 12)
Question 4 (of 12)
Question 5 (of 12)
Question 6 (of 12)
Question 7 (of 12)
Question 8 (of 12)
Question 9 (of 12)
Question 10 (of 12)
Question 11 (of 12)
Question 12 (of 12)