1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. (term) Byzantine Empire||took over the eastern part of the Roman Empire||2. (term) Constantinople||Capital of the Empire||3. (term) Eastern Orthodox Church||1054||4. (term) Justinian I||emperor||5. wife of Justinian I||Theodora||6. bridges, public baths, parks, roads, and hospitals||public works||7. Justinian's Code||reworked Roman Laws||8. (classroom station) 12 Tablet vs. Justinian Code||see station in classroom||9. (term) patriarch (orthodox church)||head of the Orthodox Church||10. (term) liturgy||worship preformed by a religious group||11. a type of religious image||icon||12. 1054||split||13. What made Constantinople an ideal location for a capital? How did the location help the Byzantine Empire prosper? Provide 3-5 detailed, complete sentences||crossroads||14. (use Govt., Arch., Art Chart) What role did the Eastern Orthodox Church play in the Byzantine Empire? Using words, pictures, and/or symbols, show our understanding. The more examples per column you can find, the better. If what you have depicted is unclear, please use captions. This is for you.||will vary||15. (venn diagram station) Use the venn diagram and packet to fill out the Roman Catholic vs. Eastern Orthodox Church diagram.||sim and differences|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)