1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Between what two years were the first generation of video game consoles released?||1972-1977||2. What major companies first made gaming consoles?||Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft.||3. Define what a handheld console is?||A handheld video game console is a lightweight, portable electronic device with a built-in screen, game controls, speakers and replaceable and/or rechargeable batteries or battery pack.||4. When was the first E-mail sent?||1971||5. What is the first video on YouTube and who was he?||“Me at the zoo” and Jawed Karim one of the founders of YouTube.com.||6. What was the internet first used for and what organisation formed it?||ARP and connecting four major U.S. universities. Designed for research, education, and government organisations, it provides a communications network linking the country in the event that a military attack destroys conventional communications systems.||7. How many generation of consoles are there today?||There are 8 generations (Including the new upcoming one)||8. Name 2 of the major game console companies?||Either Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.||9. Best-selling console ever, and how many units were sold?||Sony PlayStation 2 selling over 150 million units worldwide||10. The first mobile phone company to use touch screen usage?||The IBM Simon Personal Communicator, 1993, the first touchscreen phone.||11. When was the first text sent and what did it say?||1992, and it said “Merry Christmas”||12. What type of message would you use to send an image?||MMS||13. The first search engine?||WebCrawler||14. When was the first phone call made, and what were the first words spoken?||March 10 1876 and the words were “Mr Watson, come here, I want to see you"||15. What is necessary parts are needed for a computer to work?||Graphic accelerator, Network adapter, Optical dick drive (CD or DVD), Mother board, Video card, RAM, processor, Operating system, Computer Peripherals (Like a monitor, keyboard, speakers e.c.t)|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)