1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Write 3 Present continuous expressions of time||now, right now, at the moment||2. Write 4 Simple Present expressions of time||every day, always, never, sometimes||3. Write 3 Simple Past expressions of time||yesterday, last night, 2 days ago||4. What is your mother/father doing now?||She is working||5. What do you do on Saturdays?||I do my homework and go out with my friends||6. What does your brother/sister do after dinner?||He does his homework||7. What did you do last Sunday in the morning?||I had breakfast||8. Where did you buy last week?||I bought ....||9. Write 2 emphatic adjectives of bad||awful, terrible||10. Write 2 emphatic adjetives of good||excellent, outstanding||11. Where were you yesterday at 5pm?||I was at||12. Was your mom tired last night?||yes, she was||13. Were your English classmates in class yesterday at 2:00?||Yes they were||14. What do you do when you are tired||I take a break||15. Write 3 things you do during vacation||take a bus tour, take pictures|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)