1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Simplify: 2(x + 3) + 4(x -2)||6x-2||2. Solve: -3(x - 2) = 4x - 15||x=3||3. On the blueprints for a building, the scale is 2 in. = 3 feet. One wall of the building is 16.5 feet long. How long is this wall in the drawing?||11 inches||4. Solve for y: 2y + 3x = 5||y = (5-3x)/2||5. Solve: 5(x - 2) -7x = -2(x + 3) + 4||(-10= -2) No Solution||6. Evaluate when a = 3 and b = -4: ab + 2b||-20||7. Write and Solve and equation: Twice a number decreased by seven is the same as thirteen. Find the number.||2x - 7 = 13; x = 10||8. Solve: -3(x-2)=2(x-7)||x=4||9. Triangle ABC is similar to triangle DEF. If DF = 3, EF = 4, and AC = 7.5, write and solve a proportion to find BC. (You may want to draw and label a picture first.)||BC=10||10. Solve: 4n + 2(n - 5) = n + 5(n - 2)||(-10= -10) Infinite Solutions||11. Solve and Graph: 2x + 4 < -3(x+2)||x<-2 (and graph)||12. Write and solve an inequality: Four times a number decreased by seven is greater than or equal to twice the number increased by three.||4x-7>=2x+3; x>=5||13. Solve this compound inequality: x+2<3x-4<2x+1||x>3 AND x<5||14. Solve this compound inequality: -2x+2>8 OR 3x+5>x+13||x<-3 OR x>4||15. Solve: 2|x+3|-5 < 9||x<4 AND x >-10|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)