1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Who was the father of modern genetics||Mendel||2. What are the four stages of Mitosis||PMAT||3. How many chromosomes does a human haploid cell contain.||23||4. What is the term used to describe human chromosomes 1-22.||autosomes||5. What is the term used to describe two different alleles.||heterozygous||6. Who won the noble prize for the discovery of DNA the double helix.||Watson and Crick||7. What is the term used to describe when cancer cells spread throughout the body.||Metastisis||8. What is the process used to attach two sugar molecules together.||dehydration synthesis||9. What is the picture in the left hand corner on page 332 of your biology textbook.||Killer Whale||10. What are the possible blood types of the F1 generation is a IAIO parent mates with an IBIO parent.||A,B,AB,O||11. What is the term used describe any cell in your body that is not a sex cell.||somatic||12. What is the term used describe a set of chromosomes that have the same size, shape and bands.||homologous||13. What are the four nucleic acid that make up DNA.||A,T,C,G||14. What is the term used to describe when two fragments of DNA from two different organisms are spliced together.||recombinant DNA||15. What is the term used describe the procedure by which defective genes are replaced with normal genes to cure a genetic disorder.||gene therapy|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)