1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the main use for direct high frequency in body therapy?||treat oily and congested skin, heal, stimulate and sanitise||2. What is the correct name for this type of current?||high frequency alternating oscillating current||3. What is the current applied via?||glass electrode||4. Explain the method of application?||circular motions slowly over the skin||5. What sensation will the client experience?||warm, tingling, buzzing sensation||6. How many electrodes are there? Can you name them?||4 mushroom, horseshoe, roller, fulgurator||7. What are the additional restrictions of this treatment?||highly vascular conditions, sunburn, tense/ nervous clients||8. How many effects can you think of that direct high frequency will have on the skin structures?||destroys bacteria/ germicidal effect, has a drying effect, speeds up cell metabolism improving the appearance, blood vessels vasodilate improving skin colour, tightens pores, stimulates sebaceous secretions for a short time||9. Consider the precautions that you should take when performing a high frequency treatment, how many an you think of?||wires, plugs, sparking, tidy areas, remove all jewellery, explain noise and sensation and smell, do not loose contact with the skin, check client comfort, check all dials at 0, test the machine,||10. What aftercare advice could you give to the client?||avoid application of products, do not touch or pick the area, recommend a suitable body care regime, gentle pressure when caring for the skin to prevent further stimulation of the sebaceous glands, return 1 a week to improve congested skin conditions|
Question 1 (of 10)
Question 2 (of 10)
Question 3 (of 10)
Question 4 (of 10)
Question 5 (of 10)
Question 6 (of 10)
Question 7 (of 10)
Question 8 (of 10)
Question 9 (of 10)
Question 10 (of 10)