1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1) If a coin is .03” thick, how many would it take to fill a container 2.94” high?||98||2. 2) 4.88 + 219.405||224.285||3. 3) 6 - 2.65||3.35||4. 4) 0.94 x 0.63||.5922||5. 5) Brianna is going on a bike trip. Her energy for the trip is going to be from specially made energy bars. She figures that 14.5 bars will provide enough energy for 264.625 miles. How many miles can Brianna go if she ate one bar?||18.25||6. 6) 0.291 / 9.7||.03||7. 7) You are shopping for school supplies. You have $12. Can you buy everything on the list? Assume that there is no sales tax. Notebook…$1.99, Pen…$1.15, Pencil…$0.65, Stapler…$6.29||yes||8. 8) 7cm = _____m||.07||9. 9) 9.4mg = ____ kg||.0000094||10. 10) Kristin’s car goes 18.95 miles for every gallon of gas. If she is planning a trip of 379 miles and gas cost $1.23 per gallon, what is the cost of gas for the trip?||24.60||11. 11) 57g ____0.57kg||=||12. 12) 6000g - 3.5kg||2500||13. 13) 9.58 x 6.19||59.3002||14. 14)The smallest living cells are .00002 inches across. The largest living cell is the yolk of an ostrich egg, which is 4” across. How many of the smaller cells would you need to line up side by side to be equal to the diameter of the ostrich yolk?||200,000||15. 15)The length of a rectangular highway sign is 4.2 meters. The perimeter of the highway sign is 15.4 meters. What is the area, in square meters, of the sign?||14.7|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)