1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Ernest Shackleton was born in 1874.||2. Ernest Shackleton died in 1922.||3. Ernest Shackleton read a lot as a child and this inspired him to have his own adventures.||4. Ernest Shackleton was 27 years old when he went on his first Antarctic voyage.||5. Ernest Shackleton didn't reach the South Pole the first time because he became ill.||6. Ernest Shackleton didn't reach the South Pole the second time because the weather became so bad he had to turn back.||7. Ernest Shackleton joined the merchant navy when he was 16 years old||8. Ernest Shackleton went on his first Antarctic expedition with a man called Robert Scott.||9. Ernest Shackleton's ship for the third expedition was called Endurance.||10. Ernest Shackleton and his wife had 3 children.||11. The ship Endurance was trapped in the ice for 10 months.||12. Ernest Shackleton was knighted by King Edward 7th.|
Question 1 (of 12)
Question 2 (of 12)
Question 3 (of 12)
Question 4 (of 12)
Question 5 (of 12)
Question 6 (of 12)
Question 7 (of 12)
Question 8 (of 12)
Question 9 (of 12)
Question 10 (of 12)
Question 11 (of 12)
Question 12 (of 12)