1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. -4,762 - (-523) =||-4,239||2. 1.2 x 〖10〗^(-5)=||.000012||3. Put the following in order from least to greatest: .25, 17%, 2/9||17%, 2/9, .25||4. In which of the following will the answer ALWAYS be positive? A. multiplying same signs, B. adding different signs, C. dividing different signs, D. adding same signs||A. multiplying same signs||5. One positive unit and one negative unit create a union called a what?||zero pair||6. What is the first step you must take when adding integers with different signs?||find the absolute value of each integer||7. John has $346 in his bank account. If he spends an average of $63 dollars per hour and shops for 6 hours, what will his account balance be when he is finished?||$-32||8. A _________ exponent shows that the decimal point is shifted that number of places to the right. A. Positive B. Negative C. Neither D. Opposite||A. Positive||9. 2.4327 x 10^4 is equal to A. 0.00024327 B. 0.24327 C. 24327 D. 2432700||C. 24327||10. A _________ exponent shows that the decimal point is shifted that number of places to the left. A. Positive B. Negative C. Neither D. Opposite||B. Negative||11. 7.8 x 10^-3 is equal to A. 78 B.0.0078 C. 78000 D. .078||B. 0.0078||12. Is 31,234,160 divisible by 5?||yes||13. Which fraction has the least value (is the smallest)? 3/5, 10/17, 15/22, 30/54, 60/121||60/121||14. Which integer represents the following? A 7 gallon decrease in volume. A. -7 B. 7||A. -7||15. Which fraction has the largest value? 63/124 or 24/50||63/124|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)