1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. A salon purchases three new backwash chairs at a cost of three hundred and fifty eight each. How much would the total cost be||1074||2. 2. If a hairdresser uses three towels each hour how many would be used over an 8 hour day||24||3. 3. A salon owner buys 210 bottles of anti dandruff shampoo in bulk. Each box contains 30 bottles. How many boxes are there||7||4. 4. A hair salon wholesaler stocks one hundred and twenty seven gowns, 268 jars of hair mousse and 323 various pairs of disposable glove. How many items are in stock in total||718||5. 5. If a cut and finish costs thirty seven pounds how much would 9 services cost||333||6. 6. An apprentice uses one hundred and forty four foils on 12 clients. How many foils is this per client||12||7. 7. A salon purchases six new hydraulic styling chairs at a cost of £298. What would the total cost be||1788||8. 8. A salons takings in the morning are three hundred and thirty eight pounds and sixty eight pence. The manager pays for lunch and spends £43.95 on food and drink. How much is left out of the takings||294.73||9. 9. A apprentice puts highlight in four clients hair, the total cost is £260.00. How much is this per client||65.00||10. 10.An apprentice earns two hundred and forty five pounds and sixty pence. The apprentice uses £48.85 for petrol and £38.75 for going out. How much is left||158.00||11. 11. What is the development time for permanent colour without heat||30||12. 12. A salon manager records seventy four cuts in one week, if there were a total of ninety three cuts booked. How many clients did not turn up||19||13. 13. A 250ml tube of hair colour is used on three different hairstyles. 25ml for the first style, 36ml on the second and 13ml on the third. How much is left in the tube||176||14. 14. You start work at 9am and finish at 5.30pm. You have an hour for lunch it takes 30 minutes to do 1 hair cut. How many hair cuts could you do per day||15||15. 15. A manager earns seven hundred and ninety pounds and sixty pence for 5 days. How much is earned per day||158.12|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)