1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1.) Sam can pack 8 presents per box. If same has 130 presents, how many boxes will he need in order to get all of the presents in a box?||17 boxes||2.||3. 2.) There are ornaments per container. Ted has a certain amount of full containers. Which of the following could be the total amount of ornaments Ted has - 25, 28, or 36?||36||4.||5. 3.) The 5th grade class is going on a field trip to see Hershey’s Sweet Lights. They will be traveling in vans. If there are 103 students in 5th grade and 6 students can fit in each van, how many vans will be needed?||18 vans||6.||7. 4.) Kim has $25.00 to spend on presents. If she buys 3 scarves for $4.32 each and a puzzle for $6.75, how much money will she have left?||$5.29||8.||9. 5.) Luke is making candy cane cookies. He needs 1.4 cups of flour per batch. How many cups of flour will he need to make 12 batches of cookies?||16.8 cups of flour||10.||11. 6.) Mia is hanging lights outside her house. She has 16 strands of lights and each strand has 75 lights on it. How many total lights did Mia hang?||1,200 Lights||12.||13. 7.) The Salvation Army raised $2,624 to give to families in need this holiday season. If they donate the money evenly between 8 families. How much money will each family receive?||$328||14.||15. 8.) Betty is making a gingerbread mansion. She has 245 total pieces of candy to decorate the house. She used 54 M&M’s around the windows and 67 gumdrops to line the sidewalk. How many pieces of candy does she have left?||124 pieces of candy.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)