1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What does it mean to persevere?||answer 1bc||2. What MP is Question 1||answer 2bc?||3. What mathematical practice (MP) deals with student using computers for research, calculators for checking and solving large problems, rulers and protractors, etc. as needed?||answer3 bc||4. What mathematical practice(MP) prepares students to be lifelong mathematical thinkers?||answer 4bc||5. What mathematical practice (MP) expects students to use multiple strategies and models when explaining their thinking? Especially when solving problems?||answer 5bc||6. What is the difference between "contextualize and decontextualize"? Which one does (your group) think is easier? why? (3 part question...answer ALL parts)||answer 6bc||7. What MP is Question 6?||answer 7bc||8. Why do we "argue" in math class? How is math like language arts?||answer 8bc||9. What MP is Question 8?||answer 9bc||10. I do this everyday, and so do you!||answer 10bc||11. What MP does Question 10 best describe?||answer 11 bc||12. How is math an international language, that is a language all people speak?||answer 12bc||13. Why would you NOT ADD 17 twelve times?||answer 13bc||14. What MP is Question 13?||answer 14bc||15. Why are the mathematical practices important for students?||answer 15 bc||16. What are the two most important practices to you? why?||answer 16 bc|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)