1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. The instruments in this family are hit, shaken, or scrapped to make a sound.||Percussion Family||2. I am a member of the string family and you strum to play me.2||Guitar||3. I play very high notes. If you hold me to the side and blow I make beautiful sounds.3||Flute||4. My nickname is "ta".4||Quarter note||5. I mean very loud.5||Fortissimo||6. Some people call me a hashtag but that's not really my name.6||Sharp||7. I have 4 strings and I play the lowest notes in my family.7||Bass||8. My name is difficult to say but grab a mallet I'm easy to play.8||Xylophone||9. I look like a fancy S but I tell you which notes to play on my clef.9||Treble Clef||10. I am a melodic instrument I have whack in my name just don't hit to hard.10||Boomwhacker||11. Shake, shake, shake. Shake your...11||Maracas||12. My nickname is "ti-ti". 12||Beamed eighth notes||13. I was a child genius. I wrote music during the classical period.13||Wolfgang A. Mozart||14. The instruments in my family shine bright like the stars we are.14||Brass Family||15. Life without music would be...15||Flat|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)