1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Primm's cat, Buttercup, can jump five times as high as it is tall. How high could he jump if it were 17.4 centimeters tall?||87cm||2. Bananas cost $0.49 per pound and grapes cost $1.15 per pound. Peeta bought 3.5 pounds of bananas and 2.4 pounds of grapes. How much did he pay for the bananas and grapes?||$4.48||3. Peeta and Katniss traveled 609.5 miles to get to the Capitol. It took 11.5 hours. How many miles did they travel in one hour?||53||4. Peeta has 3 3/4 gallons of paint. He plans on using 1 1/4 gallons for each camouflage he plans to create. How many different types of camouflage will he be able to paint?||3||5. In the training sessions, there are 32 bows to 40 arrows. What is the ratio of bows to arrows written as a fraction in simplest form?||4/5||6. It took Peeta 42 minutes to jog 12 laps around the arena. At this rate, how many minutes did it take to jog each lap?||3.5||7. Katniss has saved $56 to buy food. If she buys 6 loaves of bread at d dollars per loaf, she will have 56 – 6d of her money left. How much does she have left if the loaves cost $4.75 each?||27.50||8. Gale can mine 150 pieces of cole in 5 minutes. At this rate, how many pieces of cole can he mine in 1 minute?||30||9. The Capitol surveyed 180 people about their favorite tribute. If 40% of the people chose Peeta, how many people chose Peeta?||72||10. The area of Effie's bathroom floor on the train measures 2 yards by 3 yards and each custom tile that makes up the flooring is 1 1/2 square feet. How many tiles are needed to cover the floor?||36||11. Eight divided by one-third is what?||24||12. Haymitch slept for 3 hours. If he snored every 1/3 of an hour, how many times did he snore?||9||13. Muliply 4/5 times 1 2/3?||one and one-third||14. A box contains 13.75 pounds of survival gear. How many ounces is this?||219.52||15. Cinna is making Katniss' dress for her interview. Her dress needs 3 7/9 yards of material. He has 6 yards. How much material will he have left over?||2 2/9|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)