1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. A) The United States won the women’s 400-meter relay in the 1984, 1988, 1992, and 1996 Summer Olympics with times of 41.65 seconds, 41.98 seconds, 42.11 seconds, and 41.95 seconds, respectively. Order the winning times from greatest to least.||2. B) A horse has a top running speed of 47.5 miles per hour and a deer has a top running speed of 30 miles per hour. How much faster than the deer can the horse run?||3. C) During the 1980s, the average temperature of Earth was 57.36 degrees Fahrenheit. The average temperature of Earth during the 1990s was 0.28 degrees warmer than the 1980s. What was the average temperature of Earth during the 1990s?||4. D) A gallon of gasoline at the local gas station costs $3.89. If you put 8 gallons of gasoline in your car, how much will it cost you?||5. E) A tennis court is 23.77 meters long and 8.23 meters wide. Find the area of the tennis court. Round your answer to the nearest hundredth.||6. F) If you wanted the cost of 6 bottles of fruit juice that are $3.25 each, would you multiply or divide? How much would it cost for the 6 bottles?||7. G) The local grocery store has a sale on soap. If a package containing 6 bars of soap costs $5.39, what is the cost of one bar of soap? Round your answer to the nearest cent.||8. H) Ashley bought gifts for 7 of her friends. She spent $86.66. If she spent the same amount on each of her friends, how much did she spend on each?||9. I) There are 2.5 servings in a can of tuna fish. How many servings are there in 7 cans?||10. J) The surface of a rectangular air hockey table is 7.04 feet long and 3.7 feet wide. Find the area of the surface of the air hockey table.||11. K) Brianna received the following scores on her Math tests: 88.5 , 92 , 97.3 , 94.25 , 100. What would her average be for Math with these five tests?||12. L) You are knitting a scarf using 4 balls of yarn. The yarn costs a total of $24.88. How much does 1 ball of yarn cost?||13. M) CJ is 2.75 meters tall while on stilts and 1.6 meters tall without stilts. How far off the ground do the stilts raise CJ?||14. N) Rosa Mota was the first female Portuguese athlete to win a medal at the Olympics. She ran her first marathon in Athens, Greece in 2.6 hours. She won the gold medal in the marathon at the 1988 Summer Olympics in a time of 2.43 hours. In which marathon did Rosa Mota run faster?||15. O) Xavier bought a pack of 5 folders for $3.99. How much did each folder cost? Round to the nearest cent if necessary.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)