1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. I hope you have your walking shoes on because you and your group are off to the beautiful Flinn Park! Your mission is to take a photo with your group on some playground equipment. Be creative!||Go||2. Time to explore the ISANS Mumford Location. Look around the mall and make a list of 4 other professional businesses that do business there.||Go||3. How well do you know the Canadian Language Benchmarks? Head to Room 1. Complete the C.L.B. task located there.||Go||4. It is the end of the work week and I have an amazing headache. What aisle would I need to check out at Shoppers for some relief?||Go||5. Let’s go to Saunders Park.It is the site of the now defunct Halifax Civic Airport. Today there is a sculpture to commemorate this achievement. Read the plaque on the sculpture and tell us who the park was named after and why.||Go||6. Are you a good liar? How are your acting skills? Head to Room 3 for a game of 2 Truths and 1 Lie. You will find instructions there.||Go||7. Head to a place where you can find Everyday Low Prices. What is the cheapest fruit in the store?||Go||8. You are feeling generous today and have decided to treat your group to lunch at either Healthy Way or Treats. What would you order for the group?||Go||9. Take a group selfie outside.||Go||10. Take a picture of a symbol of Canada.||Go||11. In room 4, you will find some instructions and a set of picture dictionaries. Go!||Go||12. Luckily Sobeys is conveniently located near ISANS. Walk over there now with your group and find today's special in the deli department.||Go||13. Go to room 8. You will find a Smartboard. Your goal is to make sure everyone in the group knows the basics of using a Smartboard and to come up with one way you could use the Smartboard in a lesson plan.||Go||14. Get the walking shoes laced up and go to Olivet Cemetery. Take a look around and find out how many people from the Titanic are buried there.||Go||15. In room 7 you will find some questions about ISANS. Brainstorm with your group and answer the questions.||Go||16. In room 15 in the Annex you will find some Ipads. Go there for further instructions.||Go|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)