1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the principal's name?||Nikos Savvas||2. How many stairs do you need to climb to get to the Principal's office?||3. How many desktop computers are in #Tag?||4. What room in the college is this an anagram of - YBLARRI||Library||5. What is your Head of School's name?||Andrew Adamson||6. How many weeks are there between now and October half term?||7||7. What are all of the opening times of the library?||8. Using the 17th letter of the alphabet, what is the name of the grassy area outside Leonardo House?||Quad||9. What department is opposite the reception desk?||Student Zone||10. What building is Edmunds Restaurant and In Vogue Salon in?||Australia House||11. What building is Student Welfare in?||The Gateway||12. What colour is the are near Conservatoire East?||Purple||13. What colour is the WSC letters on the sign at the front of the main building?||White on a red background||14. In what building is the cash machine?||Leonardo House||15. What is the most important item to wear on college premises at all times?||ID Badge|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)