1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. It is a statement that is accepted without proof. What is it called?(2pts.)||POSTULATE||2. It is a statement accepted after it is proved deductively. What is it?(2pts.)||THEOREM||3. It is a logical argument in which each statement is supported/ justified by given information, definitions, axioms, postulates, theorems, and previously proven statements. What is it?(5pts.)||PROOF||4. It is a one way of proof where you can write a paragraph to explain why a conjecture for a given situation is true. What is it called?(3pts.)||PARAGRAPH FORM.||5. It is another way of proof where in there are two columns intended for statements and reasons. What is it called?(2pts.)||TWO COLUMN PROOF||6. For all real numbers p and q, if p = q, then q = p. What kind of property of equality is this called?(3pts.)||SYMMETRIC||7. For all real numbers p, what kind of property of equality there exist if p = p?(2pts.)||REFLEXIVE||8. For all real numbers p and q, if p = q and q = r, then q can be substituted for p in any expression. What kind of property is it called?(3pts.)||SUBSTITUTION||9. For all real numbers p, q, and r, if p=q, then p + r = q + r. What kind of property of equality is this called?(3pts.)||ADDITION PROPERTY OF EQUALITY||10. This theorem states that vertical angles are congruent. What is this theorem?(2pts.)||VERTICAL ANGLES THEOREM||11. It is a pair of adjacent angles formed by two intersecting lines. What is it called?(3pts.)||LINEAR PAIR||12. What do you call the two angles having the sum of their measure which is 90˚?||(3pts.)COMPLEMENTARY||13. If point S lies in the interior of < PQR, then, m||ANGLE ADDITION POSTULATE
||14. A triangle with two congruent sides is called _____?(2pts.)||ISOSCELES||15. What do you call a triangle having three congruent sides?(2pts.)||EQUILATERAL|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)