1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What 3 things do living things need to survive?||food, water, and air||2. What do you call the place where an animal or plant lives?||habitat||3. What do you call everything that surrounds and affects a living thing?||environment||4. A group of living things that live in the same area and depend on one another is called what?||community||5. The dying out of all living things of a certain type is called what?||extinction||6. What is the path that energy takes as one living thing eats another called?||food chain||7. Two or more food chains that link and overlap is called what?||food web||8. A living thing that can make its own food is called what?||producer||9. What is a living thing that eats plants, animals, or other living things called?||consumer||10. Animals that eat only plants are called what?||herbivores||11. Animals that eat both plants and animals are called what?||omnivores||12. What are animals that eat only other animals called?||carnivores||13. Living things that feed on the remains of once-living things are called what?||decomposers||14. Animals that hunt other animals are called what?||predators||15. What are animals that are hunted by predators called?||prey|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)