1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What kind of holidays would you be spending if your friend said "je voudrais m'informer sur l'histoire de la France"?||historical/cultural holidays||2. What is "le Grand Bleu" (clue:it is in your textbook)2||it is a leisure center2||3. Is there a roller coaster in "le Futuroscope"?3||No, only pretend ones3||4. True or false: Constance voudrait visiter le pays (clue: it is in your textbook)4||false, elle voudrait se perfectionner dans un sport4||5. Comment dit-on "I could"? 5||je pourrais5||6. Does the hostel "auberge de Boulogne" provides bedding and towels?6||no it doesn't6||7. Which hostel do you need to go to if you want a launderette?7||the first one7||8. Which hostel would you recommend to a customer who said "je voudrais organiser un barbecue dimanche"?8||the first one8||9. Comment dit-on "family room"?9||chambre pour familles9||10. What does this mean: "Nous voulons reserver des places"?10||we want to book spaces10||11. Comment dit-on "8 girls, 9 boys and 3 teachers"?11||8 filles, 9 garcons et 3 professeurs11||12. "Il est interdit de manger ou boire dans la sale de classe", what does this mean?12||It is forbidden to eat or drink in the classroom12||13. "Je suis tombe de mon lit, j'ai mal a la jambe" what happened to this customer?13||He fell off his bed and hurt his leg||14. What did Nicolas do on Monday evening?14||he told ghost stories around a camp fire14||15. What was the weather like on Tuesday?15||It was overcast and windy15|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)