1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Which three parts of a cell made up of protoplasm?||cell membrane, cytoplasm, nucleus||2. The sum of all the biochemical reactions that take place within the cell is known as A. catabolism B. metabolism C. respiration D. nutrition||B||3. True of False. Cell wall and tonoplast are fully permeable.||False||4. Which organelle cell chemically modifies substances made by ER and further stores and packages these substances in vesicles?||Golgi||5. Describe two differences between rough endoplasmic and smooth endoplasmic reticulum?||AnswerVaries||6. Name the organisms in Kingdom Prokaryotae.||bacteria||7. Define dynamic equilibrium.||Movement of particles||8. What do you call when a cell has the same concentration as the solution it is placed in it? A. crenation B. turgor C. plasmolysis D. burst||C||9. Which of the following cells has plenty of microvilli on it? A. gland cell B. muscle cell C. root hair cell D. epithelial cell||D||10. Glucose + Fructose = ? + ?||Sucrose||11. Name the reagents that are used to test for reducing sugar, starch, fats and protein.||BIEB||12. Name the two functional groups that are present in amino acids.||aminoacid||13. People with kwashiorkor disease lack of A. Carbohydrate B. Fats C. protein D. wifi||C||14. Describe five characteristics of an enzyme.||5||15. When you believe in yourself, everything is possible||LC|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)