1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. In paragraph 1, what is a bitter divorce mean?||hard to bear||2. In paragraph 1, what is a crowded suburb?||crowded living area outside of a city||3. In paragraph 2, what is a gelding?||a male horse who is fixed||4. What is an auction?||a public sale||5. What does knock-knead look like?||knees touch one another||6. What is a synonym for endured?||bear||7. What is are mean snickers in paragraph 4?||a mean laugh||8. What is unconditional love?||no limits||9. What are smirks in paragraph 7?||a mean smile||10. What is an arena?||a type of field||11. What is a synonym for nudged?||pushed||12. What does stroked mean in paragraph 9 mean?||brush||13. What does thundered mean in paragraph 9 mean?||to drive on with force||14. What does run mean in paragraph 10?||a race||15. What does destiny mean in paragraph 11?||your life's plan|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)