1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. I weigh up to 6000 kg (6.6 tons) and measuring up to 3.3 m (10 ft.) at the shoulder . I am the world’s largest land mammal. Who am I?||The African Elephant.||2.||3. I am a large hoofed mammal that inhabits the plains of the United states and Canada- I am closely related to cows and goats my diet consist of grasses of the land. In some areas people legally hunt and raise me for meat and use my hide. Who am I?||Bison||4.||5. I laugh at the horse and its rider; because my speed is faster I can run 40 miles per hour covering up to 15 feet in a single stride. I can grow up to 8 feet tall I have wings yet I’m flightless. Who am I?||Ostrich||6.||7. I spend most of my time in the air over the seas. I am a natural glider and I have a wingspan of some 11 feet. Who am I?||Albatross||8.||9. I am the smallest bird in the world. I can flap my wings up to 80 times in a second! I can hover like a helicopter and even fly backward. Who am I?||Hummingbird||10.||11. I am the boss, I control just about everything you do. I can let you play video games solve math problems and remember important dates. who am I?||Brain||12.||13. I am stationed in the universe, I have such a strong gravity that I pull in other space objects. Nothing can escape from inside me. No light can escape from me, I am invisible. Who am I?||Black Hole||14.||15. I can produce a type of netting with adhesion that can be strong enough to stick to a wall or weak enough to detach from the ground and act as a spring-loaded trap for walking prey. Who am I?||African Spider|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)