1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. you can use me to go out but not in, what am i?||fire exit||2. wet or dry, you can give it a try||all weather pitch||3. lush and green, yet no gardeners dream||artificial grass||4. there’s six in a row and used to get to and fro||steps out of school||5. if you are feeling sick, get to this building quick||doctors surgery||6. feet over me walk, water under me flows||burn bridge||7. i'm tall and i'm grey, where poppies we lay||remembrance monument||8. i'm a type of mammal, whose height and strength is great, i have big paws and thick fur and in dark caves i like to hibernate||chip shop bear||9. people knock on me to say hello but lock me up after visitors go, i am the first colour of the rainbow||red public door||10. i start with p and end with e but have hundreds of letters in me||post office||11. go to a place where people stand, the roads are wide and vehicles grand||bus shelter||12. i'm a square in monopoly but you won't win any money here||free parking sign||13. i'm like a small house but nobody lives in me, wires and cables are all you will see||bt exchange||14. i have 3 sides, no words, yet i spell warning||school crossing sign||15. fill me up all the way, make sure to take me out or i'll stink the next day||brown food waste bin|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)