1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1. The strategies in the NC Comprehensive Reading Plan are divided into the 5 basic early literacy skills. What are they?||Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary, Comprehension||2. 2. In the Comprehensive Reading Plan, what information does Appendix A provide?||What Literacy Rich Instruction looks like"||3. 3. In the Comprehensive Reading Plan, find the teacher section, what is one evidence that could be used to support Partnerships and Communication?||Multiple Answers||4. 4. What is one strategy that supports phonics instruction and an accompanying activity?||Multiple Answers||5. 5. Find a strategy that links to the North Carolina ELA LiveBinder?||Academic Vocabulary, Tier Two Words||6. 6. On page 31 (under #5) of Judge Manning's Reading Report, summarize the 3 "Based on"statements.||Importance of starting targeted intervention as early as possible to prevent reading difficulties.||7. 7. What are some strategies to support fluency?||Multiple Answers||8. 8. What is the correct answer to the 1st question in the released portfolio passage?||A||9. 9. The Comprehensive Reading Plan focuses on 6 key areas needed to improve reading proficiency in North Carolina. What are those 6 areas?||Standards, Leadership, Professional Development, Assessment, Instruction, and Partnerships and Communication||10. 10. Under what tab can you see the updates sent directly from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to school districts?||Read to Achieve Updates||11. 11. What is the most useful tab on the Read to Achieve Parent LiveBinder?||Multiple Answers||12. 12. What is the instructional focus for vocabulary as found in the Research Based Listing of Reading Strategies?||Direct and Indirect teaching||13. 13. What is the first skill that children develop under Phonological Awareness?||hears rhyme||14. 14. Summarize the "Pause and Wonder" strategy found in the Comprehension section of the Research Based Listing of Reading Strategies.||Think aloud||15. 15. Which tab has videos that explain how to administer the Reading 3D assessments?||Reading 3DTutorials|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)