1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Name 3 ways we show respect in the bathroom.||answer||2. This rule (Be___) helps us prevent the spread of germs to others and so that no one gets hurt.||Safe||3. Getting permission before using the bathroom and returning to class promptly is being __________.||Responsible||4. How many scoops should you take from the variety bar.||answer||5. Why is it best to hold your tray with both hands? If you didn’t, what could happen?||answer||6. Allowing anyone to sit next to you is showing _______ to others.||respect||7. Show what your body should look like and how quiet you should be while walking in the hallway.||answer||8. When is ok to run in the hallway?||answer||9. What problem does being loud in the hallway cause?||answer||10. Name 3 ways you are safe on the playground.||answer||11. Taking turns and playing cooperatively with others is how we show ____ to others.||respect||12. What should you do before lining up at the end of recess?||answer||13. Name 3 ways we can be safe when we arrive at school or dismiss from school.||answer||14. When we line up and wait patiently, either on the yellow line in the morning before breakfast or in our bus line on the grass, we are demonstrating what rule?||(This is a trick question) - Safe, respectful, responsible.||15. When I am being _________, I arrive at school on time and I leave school on time.||Responsible.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)