1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Where is Mozambique located?||Southeastern Africa||2. Which European country influenced the cuisine of Mozambique?||Portugal||3. What is the spicy sauce of crushed chillies, citrus peel, onion, pepper, salt, lemon juice, bay leaves, paprika, pimiento, basil, oregano, and tarragon?||piri piri sauce||4. How is chicken cooked?||With wine and tomatoes||5. What makes Madagascar unique from the other African countries?||It is an island on the southeast coast.||6. What is the special Madagascar meat stew with leafy greens called?||romazava||7. What is the type of humped shoulder cattle of Madagascar called?||Zebu||8. What is the country located at the southern most tip of Africa?||South Africa||9. What countries influenced the cuisine of South Africa?||Holland, France, Germany, and Britain||10. What is the Dutch influenced national dish of South Africa?||Bobotie||11. What is bobotie?||Seasoned meat mixed with eggs baked into a casserole.|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)