1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Work with your group to solve each clue that will take you to your next stop on the RMS tour. Grab 1 letter for your group at each stop. You will unscramble the letters at the end of the tour. CLUE #1 Your next class is Language Arts in room 335. Make your way there for your next clue!||Room 335 LA||2. Coding, robot building and 3D printing all happen here!2||STEM2||3. The loudest room in the school when practice is in session! Don’t forget your instrument!3||Band3||4. You might have to make a quick pit stop during passing time. It is important to know where the bathrooms are so you can make it to class on time! Visit the boy’s and girl’s bathrooms on the 2nd floor for your next clue.4||Girls/Boys Bathrooms4||5. We have all-gender restrooms at RMS! Visit the one on the 3rd floor to find your next clue.5||All Gender Bathroom5||6. Whether you’re performing on stage or a member of the audience, all are welcome here!6||Auditorium6||7. Creativity takes courage! This is a place where you can create your future masterpieces! Make Picasso proud!7||Art7||8. Career planning, design, and learning life skills all happen in Family Consumer Science!8||Future FACS Room8||9. Your next class is science in room 323. Make your way there for your next clue!9||Room 323 Science||10. do re me fa so la ti do10||Choir||11. It’s currently still under construction, but this will be a place for you to visit when you need help, you want someone to talk to, or when you have an appointment and come to school late.11||Future Main Office||12. Working on a group project, having a study group, or just looking for a comfortable place to catch up on some assignments? RMS’s flexible learning spaces have you covered!12||Flexible Learning Space||13. Looking to check out a book or to do some research for a paper you’re writing? RMS has the perfect place for you to visit!13||Media Center13||14. Practice makes progress! Coach McMillan and Coach Jackson are looking for future members of their varsity squads. Where could you channel your inner LeBron?14||Gym14||15. Check out the pool... it’s pretty SWIM-PRESSIVE!15||Pool15||16. Pack your own or grab a tray, but remember there are no food fights allowed here! This will be your final stop. Work together to unscramble the letters if you have time!16||Cafeteria16|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)