1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What is the "mother" road?||highway 66||2. What fruit does Winfield get sick from?||peaches||3. What was the cause of Jim Casy's death?||spoke against unfair wages||4. What does Ma say as she is leaving thr company store to buy food?||learns she can only trust poor people.||5. What did Jim Casy discover when he was in jail?||working together is necessary to cause a revolution||6. How did Tom manage to escape after the mob chased him?||hid in the brush and fields||7. What plan does Tom and Ma devise?||the family will work while Tom's wounds heal||8. Why does Rosasharn act hysterical when she discovers that Tom murdered a man?||she's afraid this sin of toms will cause the baby to become a freak of nature|
Question 1 (of 8)
Question 2 (of 8)
Question 3 (of 8)
Question 4 (of 8)
Question 5 (of 8)
Question 6 (of 8)
Question 7 (of 8)
Question 8 (of 8)