1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. What did the Freikorps want?||They wanted a retun to the Kaiser||2. In what year did Ebert make a pact with the Freikorps and crushed the communist left?||1919||3. Who was the main left-of-centre party in The Weimer Republic?||Social Democratic Party||4. What year was the Dawes Plan drawn up?||1924||5. What was the main clause within the Dawes Plan?||It allowed Germany longer to pay off its debt.||6. What year was the Young Plan agreed upon?||1929||7. What did the Young Plan do?||Lowered reparations||8. What year was the Locarno Pact?||1925||9. What year did Germany join the League of Nations?||1928||10. True of False: Germany was not allowed any tanks as a result of the Treaty of Versailles?||True||11. Which article of the Treaty of Versailles gave all blame for World War One on Germany?||Article 231||12. Under the Treaty of Versailles, how much land did Germany lose?||Germany lost 13% of its land||13. What was the name of the group made up of Germany, Turkey and Austria-Hungary?||Triple Alliance||14. What was the name of the group made up of Britain, France and Russia?||Triple Entente||15. In what year did Hindenburg dies?||1934||16. True of False, Trade Unions were abolished in 1925?||False: they were abolished in 1933|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)