1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. You may need me throughout today, so take me to the fountain in the place where food is made.Find a code that looks like mine, scan it, fill me up and remember to always be on time.||1||2. On this special day you need a little luck, so head on over to Languages to find the special little birds that can give it to you. But before you get the next clue there is a little folding you will have to do.||2||3. Put your new found luck in your birthday bag and get yourself ready to move. Your moves are strong, but we all know that Louie is the real TikTok star - take yourself off for a morning dance class with Ms Welsh in the movement studio at 8:45am.||3||4. Pin it to your chest and wear it proudly for today is your day thank goodness it’s not cloudy.Head to your desk, put up your feet and wait for your next quest to arrive.||4||5. To solve this little fix, liquids, solids, gases mix, head to the place of some reaction at 9:30am, To further this puzzle transaction. Head to Lab2 for your chemistry fix.||5||6. You’ve got playground duty at 10:00am … In the area that has been abandoned by teenage girls. Maybe it’s because of all the ants who knows?||6||7. We miss her everyday and BGHS is just not the same without her. Take yourself to a place that you have spent a lot of time at in your life, a place that requires you to hit a target and be precise. Drop 30 for her! Be sure to set your camera up so there is proof that 30 have gone down. Once you have finished take it to PE to be assessed and feedback be given.||7||8. Everyone knows you love a challenge so….Place this oreo on your forehead and get it into your mouth without touching it.Einstein did it successfully! Can you do it successfully to get your next clue?||8||9. You clearly know how to use your face to get what you want but how good are you at using only your mouth? Transfer these 10 M & M’s from one bowl to the other only using a straw to get your next clue.||9||10. After all this physical activity your ankle is sore, go to the place where you could get help and prove to them that your injury is legit and that your parents need to be called.||10||11. These girls made you laugh, they made you cry and you helped them to fly. Go and find their faces and remember their stories and the joy and support you brought to them. Your next clue is in a box like the one they gave you.||11||12. The keeper of this place, enjoys the quiet but loves a chat. Go on an adventure in its many worlds to locate the magical device that holds the key to your next clue. Try to arrive by 10:50am.If you need help you can ask the keeper||12||13. The time has come for you to do some work as all you do is stand and twerk! Head to Room P1 as Ms Credlin is in desperate need of support as she doesn't have a TA and has quite the troubled students! Get there quick!||13||14. You are moving on up through these clues and just like the odd cup we want you to be on top. Head to the place where the cool teachers sit. You'll have one minute to move the odd cup from the top to the bottom and back again without the odd cup ever leaving the stack. You must do it in under a minute to get your next clue.||14||15. Take a seat and put up your feet. Look at the jar and start counting, when you get close to the number and if you're not far away they will be yours to enjoy for the rest of the day!||15||16. Take a break wherever you like.||16|
Question 1 (of 16)
Question 2 (of 16)
Question 3 (of 16)
Question 4 (of 16)
Question 5 (of 16)
Question 6 (of 16)
Question 7 (of 16)
Question 8 (of 16)
Question 9 (of 16)
Question 10 (of 16)
Question 11 (of 16)
Question 12 (of 16)
Question 13 (of 16)
Question 14 (of 16)
Question 15 (of 16)
Question 16 (of 16)