1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Which is the most popular flavour of ice-cream?||vanilla||2. Which country consumes the most ice-cream?||USA||3. What flavours make up Neapolitan ice-cream?||vanilla, chocolate, strawberry||4. Which flavour of ice-cream is green with nuts in? fruit and nut, chocolate or pistachio||pistachio||5. Which dessert contains ice-cream, sauce, fruit and cream?||sundae||6. Gelata which is a soft ice-cream made from sugar, cream and milk comes from which country? America, Italy or Spain||Italy||7. Which King of England wanted ice-cream to be only available to rich people?James 2nd, Henry 8th or Charles 1st||Charles 1st||8. How many licks does it take to eat a single scoop? 50, 100 or 150||50||9. Which month is National ice-cream month in America? December, April or July||July||10. Rocky Road ice-cream was created after which historical event? Stock market crash 1929, WW2, Vietnam War||Stock Market Crash 1929||11. Which of these is NOT an ice-cream flavour? Urban Jungle, Licorice of Arabia, Funky Banana||Licorice of Arabia|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)