1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. This is the job of the nervous system||To send messages to and from the brain and spinal cord to and from the body.||2. This is made up of the brain and spinal cord||Central nervous system.||3. Made up of sensory neurons, clusters of neurons called ganglia and the nerves connecting them to each other and the central nervous system||Peripheral nervous system.||4. Nerve cell||Neuron||5. The major organ of the nervous system encased in the skull||Brain.||6. The part of the brain in charge of thinking and memory||Cerebrum.||7. This part of the brain controls coordination and balance||Cerebellum.||8. The part of the brain in charge of involuntary actions such as breathing, heartbeat||Medulla oblongata.||9. The major set of large set of nerves running down the spinal column or vertebrae||Spinal Cord.||10. Specialized connection with other cells||system||11. The cell body of a neuron||Soma.||12. A filament that arises from the neuron cell body and extends for micrometers. A cluster of them form a tree||Dendrite.||13. A special nerve filament that arises from the cell body and travels up to a meter||Axon.||14. Helping cells of the brain||Gilia.||15. A subsystem of the peripheral nervous system||Enteric nervous System.|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)