1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Why is Christmas called Noel in French?||It is short for "les bonnes nouvelles" or "the good news".||2. What is the world record for the tallest Christmas tree?||67m or 221ft, erected in Washington in 1950.||3. Which English leader banned Christmas in 1647?||Oliver Cromwell||4. In which country is Santa Claus called Deushka Moroz?||Russia||5. In the UK, the day after Christmas Day is named Boxing Day, why?||After the Alms boxes that were used to collect money for the poor.||6. In the Czech Republic what will happen if you have an odd number of people around the table for Christmas dinner?||The person without a partner will die the next year.||7. Iceland has 13 different Santa Claus, name 3 of them?||Spoon Licker, Door Sniffer, Meat Hook.||8. Which Christmas tradition was based on Frigga, the Norse God of Love?||Kissing Under the Mistletoe.||9. If Santa visits 390,000 homes a minute for 24 hours, and eats a mince pie at each one, how many mince pies will Santa eat?||561,600,000||10. Santa Claus comes from Dutch translation of St. Nicholas (Sinter Klaus), where did St. Nicholas live?||Turkey||11. In which year was the first Christmas card sent?||1843||12. How many million Christmas trees are sold in the UK each year?||8||13. Which green hero played Bob Crachit in the 1992 version of A Christmas Carol?||Kermit the Frog||14. Which famous Christmas movie does Donald Trump appear in?||Home Alone 2||15. In which country is KFC a popular choice for Christmas Dinner?||Japan|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)