1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 1) The Easter bunny has 164 eggs to put into baskets. Each basket fits 4 eggs. How many baskets will he need?||41 baskets||2. 2) A mother has 12 ducklings. They all walk 25 metres to the nearest pond. How many metres do they walk in total?||300 metres||3. 3) An Easter egg is left outside on a warm day. It takes 253 minutes to melt into a puddle! How many hours and minutes is this?||4 hours 13 minutes||4. 4) A bunny hops 2 times on Monday. He hops double this amount on Tuesday, three times this amount on Wednesday, and so on for a whole week! How many times does he hop in total?||56 hops||5. 5) The Easter bunny leaves his burrow at 1pm. It takes him 1 hour 10 minutes to deliver his first egg. It takes another 35 minutes to deliver his next egg. It takes a whole 2 hours and 25 minutes to deliver his last egg! What time is it now?||5:10pm||6. 6) The Easter bunny delivers 19 eggs to 47 different towns. How many eggs has he delivered in total?||893 eggs||7. 7) A Cadbury’s hen can lay 14 crème eggs in an hour! It lays eggs for 36 hours. How many eggs has it laid?||504 eggs||8. 8) A Galaxy factory produces 575ml of chocolate per second to make into mini eggs. If each egg uses 5ml of chocolate, how many eggs can it make per minute?||115 eggs||9. 9) There are 218 ducks living in Bristol. The ducks pair up, and each PAIR has 9 ducklings. How many ducklings do they have in total?||981 ducklings||10. 10) A hen coop has 28 hens inside. Half the hens have 10 chicks each. The other half have 12 chicks each. How many chicks do they have in total?||308 chicks||11. 11) A granny rabbit spends 2 days knitting jumpers for baby rabbits. She can knit a jumper in only 30 minutes! How many jumpers does she make?||96 jumpers||12. 12) A mother hen has 25 chicks! Every chick has 89 feathers. How many feathers do they have in total?||2225 feathers||13. 13) The Easter bunny delivers 348 eggs to Bedminster! He gives 6 eggs to each child. How many children does he deliver eggs to?||58 eggs||14. 14) A child gets 1 egg on their 1st birthday. They get 2 on their 2nd, 3 on their 3rd etc. How many years will it be before they have received 91 eggs in total?||13th birthday||15. 15) Santa and the Easter bunny meet up for breakfast in February. They meet on a prime number day. It takes place in the second half of the month. It’s not a leap year. There is no number 1 in the date. What day do they meet?||23rd February|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)