1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. Go to reception - what is the name of the receptionist. Extra points if you get both||depends on campus||2. I begin with an "e" and end with an "e" but usually only contain one letter. Find me on the desk and read. 2||envelope2||3. How many places are there in the campus to get a cup of coffee? 3||depends on campus3||4. What is the name of the main canteen in your campus? 4||depends on campus4||5. Which floor would you find the student association? 5||depends on campus5||6. Which floor would you find student information? 6||depends on the campus6||7. What is the full address of the campus you are at (include the postcode)? 7||depends on the campus7||8. How much is it for soup and a roll at your campus? 8||depends on the campus 8||9. Name the person who took you on your tour this morning? 9||depends on the campus 9||10. Does your campus have a gym? 10||yes10||11. How many lifts are in your campus? 11||depends on campus11||12. What is the name of the Student Association President? 12||Barclay McCrindle12||13. List everyone in your groups age and work out the average age. Show your working. 13||depends on group13||14. What is the name of the member of staff that has spent the whole week with you? 14||depends on campus14||15. What invention lets you look through a wall? 15||window15|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)