1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|A Company printed 346 books on Monday. Each book had 480 pages. How many pages did the company print of Friday? What do you drink that makes your body grow strong?||166,080||What is the value of this expression? 6 5/8 + 3 2/4 + 5 1/2. This is the place where the best student of the week can sit.||15 5/8||12 friends shared 7 sandwiches equally. How much of the sandwiches did each friend get?This is the first person visitors see when they enter our school.||7/12||Write a fraction that is equivalent to .007.If you want to fill a teacher's bucket, this is where you go.||7/1000||Mrs. Rogers has 1/4 pound of ice cream. She put the ice cream into 3 bowls. She put the same amount into each bowl. What amount of ice cream did Mrs. Rogers put into each bowl?When you lose a jacket, this is where you go to find it.||1/12||Before a concert, 15 rows of chairs were set up. Each row had n chairs. In addition, another 20 chairs were put on the stage. Write an expression that shows the number of chairs that were there in all?Many people go here when they drink too much for lunch.||15n+20||Angelina reads an average of 210 words each minute. At this rate how many words will she read in 18 minutes?This is where we performed the Christmas Play.||3,780||Alberto was scheduled to work 8 hours on Monday, but he had to leave 1.25 hours early. How many hours did Alberto work on Monday?Teachers use this room to get their mail, but remember, NO students allowed.||6.75||Tara and her friends ate 1 3/8 pizzas. How would this be expressed in decimal form?During plays and PTA meetings, we put these out for parents to sit in.||1.375||8 kids are sharing 1/2 of cake equally. How much of the cake will each kid get?Snacks, snacks, snacks. This is where you get something extra for lunch.||1/16||Tonya made a sign that measured 3 2/3 feet by 4 2/5 feet. What was the area of the sign?On a pretty day, you can sit here outside Mrs. Rogers' room.||16ft||The Chatham Middle School basketball locker rooms have locker that measure 12 in wide, 8 in long, and 30 in high. What is the volume, in cubic inches, of the locker?This is where you exit for car riders.||2,880 cubic inches||The inside of the truck that delivered our doughnuts to school was 26 ft x 13 ft x 19 ft. What is the total volume of the inside of the truck?Mrs. Allen loves to teach and sing in here.||6,422 ft||what is 45,267 divided by 14? Write the answer in word form, and expanded form.This is where you exit to go up to the playground (do not open it).||3,233 r 5||Daisy's candy store had 7 pounds of chocolate kisses to divide evenly among 6 containers. How many pounds of chocolate kisses will go in each container?This is the door you use to enter your pod.||1 1/6 pound|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)