1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. This large-scale war was fought during the majority of the 1960s. (Find a book about this war to find your next clue)||Vietnam||2. Answer in your notebook: Was the Vietnam war a clear victory for the US? Next Clue: This President was elected at the beginning of the 1960s and did not complete his term in office.2||JFK2||3. Answer in your notebook: Why did JFK not finish his presidency? Next Clue: This man was a civil rights activist that gave a famous speech entitled “I Have a Dream.” (Find the speech in my biography for your next clue)3||MLK Jr.3||4. Answer in your notebook: What is one dream MLK Jr. explains in his speech. Next Clue: This was a huge civil right movement during the 60s. What group did this movement represent? (Hint: think gender)4||Women4||5. Answer in your notebook: How do you think this movement affects you today? Next Clue: This was an organization that fought for the right’s of African Americans.||Black Panthers||6. Next Clue: This is a famous concert that occurred during the 1960s that defined the generation of the 1960s.5||Woodstock5||7. Answer in your notebook: Name one artist who performed at Woodstock.Next Clue: This band is famous for their music during the 1960s. (Hint: There is a poster of them in our classroom and Ms. Mueller plays their music during class frequently)6||The Beatles6||8. Answer in notebook: Name one song the Beatles are famous for. Next Clue: One of the biggest accomplishments during the 1960s was what? (think science/technology accomplishment)7||1st Man on the Moon7||9. Answer in notebook: Who was the first man to go to the moon? Next Clue: What did the Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka do?8||Integrated Schools8||10. Answer in notebook: Was this an easy change for the black students to begin going to school with the white students? Next Clue: What organization was founded during the 1960s that allowed Americans to help people in different parts of the world?9||Peace Corps9||11. Answer in your notebook: What is one job you could do for the Peace Corps? Go Check all your answers with Ms. Mueller10||All Done10|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)