1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. When is France's national day of celebration (Bastille Day)||July 14||2. What is both a musical instrument and the French word for paper clip?||Trombone||3. What was France once called?||Gaul||4. From which group of people did France get its name?||Franks||5. Which city is famous for its film festival?||Cannes||6. Who is the author of the Count of Monte Cristo?||Alexandre Dumas||7. Which US state was once a French colony?||Louisiana||8. Which country won the 2018 World Cup?||France||9. Who was exiled to St. Helena?||Napoleon||10. Which river runs through Paris?||Seine||11. In which French province is French spoken?||Quebec||12. What is the world's best known cycling race?||Tour de France||13. What is the French national anthem?||La Marseillaise||14. Which animal is the national symbol of France?||Rooster||15. What is the most famous structure in France?||Eiffel Tower|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)