1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. A café that’s used for surfing, not for eating.||Tech Cafe at PRC||2. OMR laminator down? Go here instead.||Laminator at the PRC||3. If you are ever BOARD on a Tuesday night, you can go here.||BISD Board Room||4. It really BENEFITS you to meet with this lady.||Monica Serbantez in the HR Dept.||5. The wheels on the bus go ‘round and ‘round but you can’t get there without this department.||BISD Transportation||6. Got Milk? They do! And other tasty treats.||BISD Child Nutrition Office||7. This is a good place to score a goal (or watch a Buc score one).||Slade Field||8. You know, diamonds are a girl’s best friend but guys are allowed on this one too!||BISD Softball Fields||9. Be careful here; the people are known to cause such a RACQUET.||BISD Tennis Courts||10. We are the original and best “Rockets” in BISD but these guys are cool too.||Grady Rasco Middle School||11. Look out! Panthers are on the prowl here.||Lake Jackson Intermediate School|
Question 1 (of 11)
Question 2 (of 11)
Question 3 (of 11)
Question 4 (of 11)
Question 5 (of 11)
Question 6 (of 11)
Question 7 (of 11)
Question 8 (of 11)
Question 9 (of 11)
Question 10 (of 11)
Question 11 (of 11)