1. Arrange students into groups. Each group needs at least ONE person who has a mobile device.
2. If their phone camera doesn't automatically detect and decode QR codes, ask students to
4. Cut them out and place them around your class / school.
1. Give each group a clipboard and a piece of paper so they can write down the decoded questions and their answers to them.
2. Explain to the students that the codes are hidden around the school. Each team will get ONE point for each question they correctly decode and copy down onto their sheet, and a further TWO points if they can then provide the correct answer and write this down underneath the question.
3. Away they go! The winner is the first team to return with the most correct answers in the time available. This could be within a lesson, or during a lunchbreak, or even over several days!
4. A detailed case study in how to set up a successful QR Scavenger Hunt using this tool can be found here.
|1. 12.34 + 4.3||16.64||2. 934.2 + 82.5||1016.7||3. Sally needs to fill up her pool with water for the summer. If the pool holds 205 gallons of water and she has put in 145.65 gallons already, how much more water does Sally need to fill her pool?||59.35||4. Dan needs to buy pens for the school year. If he needs 12 pens and they come in packs of 4, how much will Dan spend if each pack is $5.76?||17.28||5. 456.7 x 6.5||2,968.55||6. 13.45 - 6.3||7.15||7. 72.22 - 5.5||66.72||8. 987.33 - 132.2||855.13||9. Carrie went grocery shopping to make dinner. She bought chicken for $5.34, green beans for $2.76, BBQ sauce for $3.21 and a gallon of milk for $1.87. How much will she have to pay for her groceries?||13.18||10. 78.9 divided by 6||13.15||11. 73.2 x 6.7||490.44||12. Gas is $2.15 a gallon at the gas station. If I buy 13 gallons, how much will it cost?||27.95||13. Joey wants to buy 3 new pairs of shoes. Hibbett Sports has a promotion where you can buy any pair of shoes for $78.65. If he buys three pairs, how much will he pay?||235.95||14. Kristen walked 2.45 miles yesterday after dinner. The night before she had walked 3.8 miles. If she walks 2.78 miles today, how many total miles will she walk?||9.03||15. In a three person medley race, the 100 meter leg was run in 10.19 seconds, the 200 meter leg was run in 21.03 seconds, and the 400 meter leg in 44.24 seconds. What was the total time for the race?||75.46|
Question 1 (of 15)
Question 2 (of 15)
Question 3 (of 15)
Question 4 (of 15)
Question 5 (of 15)
Question 6 (of 15)
Question 7 (of 15)
Question 8 (of 15)
Question 9 (of 15)
Question 10 (of 15)
Question 11 (of 15)
Question 12 (of 15)
Question 13 (of 15)
Question 14 (of 15)
Question 15 (of 15)